- Knowledge of modeling, texturing, shading, lighting and rendering all kinds of environments
- Sensitive to realistic structural coherence and spatial flow
- Respectful of architectural styles
- Understanding of the real-life mechanics behind wear & tear
- Able to work effectively from reference materials of all sources
- Able to interpret concept arts in respect with gameplay and level design
- Experienced at researching and planning asset creations by an external partner
- Capable of designing any kind of structures within specific art styles and epochs, backed with visual references and personal research
- Able to work with Art Directors and effortlessly communicate the creative vision to the team
- Capable to ensure the complex combination of design requirements and art direction, challenging the latter if gameplay issues arise during production
- Absolutely open-minded and welcoming constructive criticism from anybody in the team
- French Bachelor Degree in 3D Art, dedicated to Environment Modeling and Texturing with additional courses focused on traditional arts.
- Experience with AAA games from several genres and scales, mostly with 200+ people teams.
- Experience as the primary Art Lead in heteroclite art teams made up of 30+ people of several disciplines, nationalities and backgrounds
- Able to take on entire levels from conception to debugging
- Able to take ownership to set a visual target for the team while providing feedbacks and constructive criticism to my colleagues
- Confident in my communication skills with people from all over the world, vast knowledge of game-specific terms and technical vocabulary
- Organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Deliver on time and provide scheduled direct reports to managers
- Enthusiastic about presenting the team’s progress to directors or panels of industry professionals
- Able to support external teams and studios working on different projects
- Recruitment experience at Ubisoft and Sperasoft, able to identify and adequately train new talents while identifying art team reinforcement needs for upcoming projects
- Understanding of my team’s needs, improvement paths and training options
- Experience with extensive peer-reviews and performance review processes
- Able to light both interior and exterior scenes in respect of technical constraints
- Proficient with lighting tools in real-time engines and offline renderer such as Vray and MentalRay.
- Accomplished use of lighting and scene composition through color, perspective and contrast
- Good understanding of color science, color theory and colors’ relation to players’ emotions
- Ability to work with color palettes and color grading with 3D LUTs and similar techniques
- Excellent knowledge of photography and film theory, avid travel photographer
- Deep understanding of materials and light interactions
- Experienced texture artist, using mostly Substance Designer and Photogrammetry
- Able to deliver realistic and physically accurate textures in a PBR pipeline
- Excellent shader creation skills in Unreal Engine 4, working knowledge of Anvil and CryEngine’s node-based shader editors.
- Able to work within various technical limitations, compressions and Texel ratios.
- Solid experience of physically based game engines: UE4, CryEngine and Anvil
- Long-time use of 3dsMax as a Level Artist, from unwrapping meshes to modeling structures, LODs and collisions with efficient polycount and accurate metrics. Working knowledge of Zbrush and Mudbox
- Capable of proposing polycount and texture budgets within my area of expertise, while supporting technical directors to ensure our visual goals are met
- Able to establish documentation or naming conventions and maintain those throughout the project’s lifetime
- Eager and able to quickly learn new technologies, implement new solutions in an existing pipeline and always on the frontline to research new workflows.
- Easy to work with, providing technical problem solving from an artist perspective
Alexis has very good communication and leadership which helps a lot, especially in co-development partnership.
His experience on various projects & pipelines makes him a very good candidate, who understands dependencies between art, tech and design. Alexis is not shy to ask question when in doubt and is very easy-going type of person. I would recommend him
Alexis started working at CI Games almost a year ago. I had a great privilege of leading him. While working on Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Alexis has proven himself to be very responsible and creative level/technical artist. Alexis’ knowledge of Allegorithmic software helped company a lot as one of his tasks for implementing Substance Designer into the pipeline. The task which was completed in 100%.
On top of that Alexis’ creative approach to level art time and time again resulted in unforgettable level parts that can tell a story by themselves!
I wish Alexis best luck in his future endeavors and congratulate his future employers on hiring professional of this magnitude!
Alexis is a very creative technical artist and, honestly, a person great to work with! He perfectly combines creativity & artistry with more rigid, mathematical thinking producing stunning visuals that not only look good but also perform very well on wide variety of hardware.
Being an experienced graphics programmer I was frequently surprised at how elegant and innovative was his approach to solving visual problems. We’ve learned a great deal from each other and I can wholeheartedly recommend Alexis for the position of technical artist and/or designer.
Alexis is a person that can create effects and materials that will leave even the most senior graphics engineers scratching their heads.
Through his mastery of Unreal Engine 4 material and blueprint system, Allegorithmic Substance, 3D modelling tools and through tons of experience and technical insight Alexis constantly came up with gorgeous (yet computationally inexpensive) visual effects, props and materials.
If finished, our game would probably be one of the best looking in the genre, and Alexis’ contributions would play major role in this.
Rarely a game dev team sees an individual with such a versatile set of skills connected with an open mind, friendly demeanor and dedication. Artistry combined with a clear head, commitment combined with a spirit of unconstrained creativity, vast knowledge combined with a great personality – those are Alex’ feats deeming him a valuable asset to any working environment, especially as a designer or technical artist.
Alexis is very talented Level Designer with vast knowledge about architecture and technicals of creating artistic assets. He uses available assets with deadly precision and understanding of the final product. I haven’t seen more hard working person who consequently improved his skills.
Alexis is a very friendly, committed and creative person. He have a deep knowledge and understanding of tools and methods he use. He’s a good team player and is always enthusiastic to share knowledge, very positive and communicative. It’s a big pleasure to work with him.
Very talented artist and great team player. Its a pleasure to work with him!
Alexis has built a strong (and deserved) reputation as someone with vision, diligence and honour – someone who gets things done!
He is an hard worker and value creator in the truest sense. His many month as a Technical Artist at Dark Stork were evident in the way he approached tasks and achieved his outcomes.
I have no hesitation in recommending Alexis and know that he will always give of his best in any endeavour.
Alexis is an extremely talented Technical Artist, he mastered the Unreal Engine environment and has a vast knowledge of 3D modelling and texturing. He is passionate for video games and eager to learn and hone his skills during his private time. He is committed to projects he is working on, delivers creative ideas and fresh perspectives. It was a pleasure to work with Alexis and i think he will be a valuable asset in any company.
I was working with Alexis for more than 1.5 years where we have successfully gotten through a number of project challenges. Alexis has shown himself as very professional, motivated and reliable Lead. He directly managed one of the largest and complex team on the game we were working. He consistently provided transparency of the production to all members, were able to meet all deadlines and find solutions for artistic and technical aspects of level art.
Alexis is definitely a great contribution to any game and any level production. With his passion and professionalism he would be undeniably a significant addition to any team.